Advise & Maintenance
(Please read this before riding an Electric Scooter)
- Wear flat shoes. Trainers are ideal, please do not scoot in flip flops or sandals.
- You must wear a helmet at all times and other protective gear if you feel it necessary; such as: elbow and knee protectors and padded gloves which will allow a firmer grip on the handlebars.
- If you are riding in the dark, please wear visible and reflective clothing.
- When riding please look ahead! I know this sounds silly but there can be distractions around us. Be aware.
- Don’t use your phone while scooting
- Make sure you know the scooter functions, understand the control unit and are familiar with every aspect of the scooter.
- When riding DO NOT pull or push on the steering column. When accelerating or braking don’t pull or push on the steering column. Use your feet to shift your centre of mass. The steering column isn’t designed to take a heavy weight, if you are leaning on to it, pulling and pushing it you will have problems with it in the future.
- Please do not to ride your e scooter in the rain or wet conditions as this could damage the battery and it won’t be covered by the warranty if it’s water damaged.
- Check that the bolts are all properly tightened and that nothing is coming loose. It’s also a good idea to read through the instruction manual that came with your electric scooter and see what other preventative care the company who manufactured the scooter recommends.
- Electric scooters have different methods of braking so please read through the e-scooter manual for specific instructions on maintaining the braking system. Scooters brakes will wear over timer just like anything so please make sure that they are working correctly.
- You must take care of the scooters battery.
- Always keep your battery fully charged when not in use. Do not let the battery sit on empty, even when it’s not in use.
- Store your battery at room temperature. If the battery is exposed to prolonged heat or cold conditions, it could damage the battery or reduce its function.
- If you notice that your battery is not working as it should, perform a full conditioning cycle. To do this, run your battery until it is completely empty and then charge it back to full power. This will fix many small problems, similar to a computer reboot. You may have to do this two or three times to achieve the desired effect.
- If you ride your e-scooter in wet conditions (please try not to) please remove all excess water with a towel immediately.
- Please only use the charger that was supplied with the scooter or an official replacement. Using the incorrect charger may lead to under or overcharging the battery and cause it to blow.
Please note that the range will vary and always depend on the persons weight, wind, average speed, incline and terrain. The max range advertised for our products is based on an average weight rider on a flat surface, no wind and a steady speed.